There are so many ways to use roses in artmaking that it’s no wonder you are looking for rose printables! Whether you need them for your watercolor painting or even just a creative project – look no further… here are some free rose printable templates to get you started on your art-making journey!
Watercolor painting is one of my favorite mediums to work in but it can be tricky to use. From trying to control the way the colors flow and blend, to making sure your edges are clean, it’s easy to feel a bit like an amateur! To help you out, I have put together these printable templates so that all you have to do is transfer the shape onto your watercolor paper and get on with the painting!
I have included different rose template designs that are saved in PDF format in A4 size – so they should be easy to print!
These rose printables can be used in your art journal, junk journal, bullet journal (I love them all!), they can be used for crafting, school projects, décor, posters, bulletin boards, invitations, wedding stationery, birthday cards… and really anything your mind can conceive of!
Free Rose Printables
What do you need before you start watercolor stenciling?
- Watercolor Paper
- Spray Adhesive
- Watercolor paint
- Soft bristle brush
- Paper Towel
- A jar of clean water
- A palette
- A heat tool (this is great for speeding up the watercolor paint drying process!)
To use these free Rose printables you can download the PDF files and print them out.
How to Transfer the Rose Outline to Watercolor Paper
- Print out your rose template on standard printer paper.
- Tape your printed template to a window with light behind it so that you can see the outline of the rose coming through.
- Using a soft lead pencil (2B, 4B, 6B, or 8B), trace over the printed outline of the rose that you can see through the paper. Do this quite firmly so that you have left enough lead on the surface to be transferred easily onto the watercolor paper.
- Place your printed rose template with the traced pencil outline face-down on your watercolor paper.
- Using your pencil once again, trace the printed rose outline so that the pencil line gets transferred to your watercolor paper.
- Voila! You have your transferred shape – and you don’t need to hand draw it yourself!
- Now you can use your watercolor and start your painting!
Other ways to use these rose printables…
- Print them out and color them in!
- Print them on sticker paper
- Print them on normal paper and cut them out for décor, embellishments, and other crafty projects!
- Print them on other paper – try printing them on texture paper, or even tracing paper. You can really get some great effects!
Using printable flower templates in your art journal or bullet journal is a great way to play with design and page layout! Using these printables can also be an easy and fun way to practice watercolor painting! I hope you have grabbed your free rose printables and are ready to get started with your art! Make sure to bookmark this site because I regularly update my content😊
I would love to hear about your latest creative idea… drop me a comment below!